Our goal is to create a more inclusive and accessible arts sector for artists and arts audiences with disabilities. We do this through sharing knowledge and experience, through collaboration and by raising awareness about inclusion and accessibility in the arts. In short, that means: we create inclusive and accessible artistic projects and we provide advice to communities and arts organisations.
Each project is shaped to meet the specific needs of our clients or collaborators, whatever their scale or goals. We work with a selection of people from our pool of freelancers, along with existing organisations and associations who have a range of skills, knowledge and experience with disability, accessibility, inclusion and the arts. Inclusion lies at the heart of what we do and how we do it: that means that for each project, we strive to bring people with and without disabilities together in a fair and equal way, and value the contribution disability brings to all areas of the arts. In practical terms, this means providing accessible working conditions, equal pay and access costs to the artists and cultural workers that we work with.
We can offer:
- Evaluations and advice (disability action plans) for institutions, project spaces, community groups and individuals
- Programming (curatorial and interpretation)
- Organisational (processes, marketing, employment and physical spaces)
- Training workshops for staff
- Creative and practical workshops for various publics
- Artistic and Curatorial Projects/Commissioning